Friday, August 5, 2011

Gear Choker

New piece, a choker with some gears sewn into it, working well, but I’ve no real skill in sewing. It’s hard going, but it seems to be sticking to it pretty well. Just gotta practice!


Monday, August 1, 2011

Undersea Necklace 2

Think I finished this one, a simple necklace, but you don’t want to make everything huge and complicated. Added two keys to the side, and I think it look pretty good. Always gotta be careful about overdoing the bits and bobs, sometimes it looks good, but sometimes you want it to look a bit sleeker.


Undersea Necklace 1

This is what I’m going to be using those disc-resin filled things in. Not fully sure on how it’ll look, but I’ve got a bit of a Skelton of it. WP_000140I’m thinking of putting some keys on the side, I’ve also got some shells, but that may be overdoing it a bit. I like the octopus, but only have one of those sadly.


One quick piece I made, very simple but I think it looks pretty good. You need a hollow gear, and some thin wire and some beads. Then just wrap the wire around the outside of the gear, thread beads in there and there you go! Simple and nice looking. WP_000139

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Green Fairy 4

The Green Fairy necklace is almost done. I just need a few more little things, the green ribbon and a good clasp. I also need to varnish the pieces, the oil paints look good, but they’re rubbing off. The varnish should fix that.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Flying Necklace 2

Next part of this, I wanted to give it a bit more of color, so I took some smaller wings that have a silver color and stuck them to the back of the larger wings which gave it a very nice dual coloring and a more 3D look. Still need to think how to work with it more, but we’ll see what I come up with. WP_000124WP_000125

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flying Necklace 1

Just started on a new piece, while I wait for the filigree to dry, which will take a bloody week. This is another idea I got from one of my books. This piece is a pocket watch interior with a set of wings and a few other things. Not fully sure on how it’ll look, but I can say it was a huge bother getting the wings attached. On the first try I soldered the wings on the back, which was a huge bother. Need to get some better flux, no question. The next try is going to be drilling holes and wireing it in. It’ll be easier, but might not look as good. Anywho, off to work again.